2017 Honda TRX250X
Sized right for fun.
Maybe specialization is fine if you’re talking about insects. But in the world of a great all-around sport ATV, versatility is the key to having a good time. You want a machine that can fit a wide range of riders, abilities and terrains. And that ATV is the Honda TRX250X.
There’s a reason this is one of our most popular sport ATVs. A whole bunch of reasons, actually. Beginners like the light handling, and especially appreciate the TRX250X’s broad, four-stroke powerband—a trait that’s made Honda engines famous for decades. Lots of riders enjoy the exclusive Honda SportClutch™. It’s a unique feature that gives you all the control of a manual shift and clutch, but that also eliminates the chance of shift-induced stalling. Riders with more experience like the long-travel suspension and athletic performance on the trail. And just about everyone appreciates the low-maintenance features like the shaft final drive and famous Honda reliability.
Light enough for smaller adults, big enough for full-sized riders, and with a powerband not easily outgrown, the TRX250X is the ATV you can purchase once and ride just about forever. And that’s exactly what you’d expect when you choose a Honda.
Efficient Engine Layout: Honda pioneered the concept of mounting our ATV engines front-to-back in the chassis. That results in a smoother, more efficient powertrain, and more power getting to the rear wheels.
No-Stall Shifting: Honda’s exclusive SportClutch is only available on the TRX250X, and it’s a great feature. New riders get to learn clutch control without worrying about stalling, while experienced riders get all the control and freedom to shift the way they normally would.
Fresh Styling: The TRX250X even gives you your choice of distinct styles. A white version featuring new silver aluminum wheels is really unique in our ATV lineup. And there’s also a special edition red version with black wheels, red hubs and springs.
- Rugged, reliable 229cc OHV engine: The TRX250X’s lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for more efficient power transfer. The two-valve cylinder head design features performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm-diameter intake valve and a 27mm-diameter exhaust valve contribute to the engine’s broad, usable powerband.
- Rubber-Mounted Engine: A rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration. This helps make parts last longer, and cuts down on rider fatigue as well.
- Shaft Final Drive: Honda’s fully sealed rear driveshaft is super-strong and virtually maintenance free. The driveshaft sits in-line with the engine’s crankshaft for maximum driveline efficiency.
- Independent Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone front suspension provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel and a smooth ride over rough terrain.
- Lightweight Aluminum Wheels: Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for superior handling.
- Exclusive Honda SportClutch™: The handlebar-mounted Honda SportClutch enables the rider to experience manual clutch actuation with the advantage of no stalling when coming to a stop. This revolutionary feature allows beginning or novice riders to learn clutch engagement points, while experienced riders enjoy the full performance of a conventional manual clutch.
- Reverse: The TRX250X’s easy to use reverse makes unloading or maneuvering out of tight trail conditions easier.
- Electric Starter: The effortless electric starter makes getting the engine started easy, even when the engine is cold.
- Keyed ignition: Keyed ignition switch for added security. The switch also lets you control who goes riding and when.
- Fresh styling: With a TRX250X, you get your choice of distinct color styles. A white version featuring silver aluminum wheels is really unique in our ATV lineup. And there’s even a special edition red version with race-inspired graphics as wells as red hubs and springs. Black aluminum wheels too.
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 68.5 mm x 62.2 mm
- Induction: 20 mm piston-valve carburetor
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric
- Clutch: Honda SportClutch™
- Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear drive shaft
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual hydraulic 174 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tire: 22 x 7-10 knobby
- Rear Tire: 22 x 10-9 knobby
- Length: 68.5 in.
- Width: 41.8 in.
- Height: 42.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 44.3 in.
- Seat Height: 31.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 384 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.5 gal., including 0.7-gal. reserve
- Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
- Model Id: TRX250X
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: White
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 68.5 mm x 62.2 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- 20 mm piston-valve carburetor
- Starting System
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 5.9 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic 174 mm discs
- Front Tires
- 22 x 7-10 knobby
- Rear Travel
- 5.7 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 22 x 10-9 knobby
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 384 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.5 gal., including 0.7-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 5.7 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 68.5 in. x 41.8 in. x 42.6 in.
- 44.3 in.
- Final Drive
- Direct rear drive shaft
- Five-speed with Reverse
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.