2018 Honda CB300F ABS
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Great bike. Pure and simple.
Motorcycling is all about connecting with the road. And arguably nothing connects you better than a bike that has only the features you want.
Enter the Honda CB300F. It was designed to be lighter, smaller and simpler. And with its user-friendly size, it’s a great choice for the city and makes an ideal first bike.
Simple however, can still mean loaded with features. Like the CBR300R, the CB300F uses a totally up-to-date single-cylinder engine. The fuel injection system and electric start make it convenient, but what you’ll likely love the most is the combination of power delivery and fuel efficiency. This is definitely a situation where practical meets performance, all at a price you’ll approve.
Be nimble. Be quick: The CB300F’s narrowness helps make it one of the most maneuverable bikes around. This is all thanks to its single-cylinder engine, low 30.7-inch seat height and light 348-pound curb weight. What you get is a bike that’s easy to put your feet down at a stoplight and a blast to ride the moment it turns green.
Single-cylindered. Many ways to have fun: The single-cylinder engine on the CB300F is a true thing of beauty. It has fuel injection, double-overhead cams and a counterbalancer that delivers the kind of torque and midrange power that’s well suited for all levels of riders.
Sips gas. Eats up the road: The CB300F is affordable to buy and to ride. It gets an estimated 78 MPG**, is freeway capable and still has the power to carry a passenger.
- Anti-Lock Braking System: Our ABS—available on the CB300F—can be a big help in making controlled stops in less-than-ideal conditions, like on wet pavement or when there’s sand or other debris on the road. It’s the perfect choice whether you’re using your new bike as a commuter or just riding it for fun, since it helps you stop with added confidence.
- Disc Brakes: The CB300F features front and rear hydraulic discs for excellent stopping power and brake feel. The single front 296mm and 220mm rear hydraulic discs helps keep things simple and lowers unsprung weight, too.
- Under-Seat Storage: Removing the rear passenger seat provides a lockable area to throw a wallet, gloves, or a spare set of sunglasses.
- Passenger Ready: A separate passenger seat, integrated grab rail, and standard passenger footpegs mean you can take a friend along when you go riding–another example of the CB300F's versatility.
- Narrow Seat & Low Seat Height: A low 30.7-inch seat height does more than help make sure the CB300F fits a wide range of riders. It makes it easier to put your feet down at stoplights and in parking lots—a big confidence builder.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CB300F uses a single-shock preload-adjustable rear suspension that not only gives you a smooth ride, but helps enhance handling as well, just as on some of our larger sport models.
- Counterbalance Shaft: Because it features a counterbalancer, the CB300F engine is a smooth runner. You get the narrow overall width and power advantages of a single along with the smoothness of a multi-cylinder bike.
- Single-Cylinder Engine: A single is the perfect choice for a bike like the CB300F. It's light, simple, provides excellent fuel efficiency and features a broad powerband with plenty of low-revving torque—just what you want in your first motorcycle.
- Fuel Injection: Fuel injection means the CB300F starts right up, even in cold weather. Compared to a carbureted bike, it also helps reduce emissions and enhance performance and fuel efficiency.
- Clean, Open Design: Less is more with a CB300F. The minimal bodywork gives this machine a clean, open naked styled sportbike look that’s not only cool but that helps make it even lighter.
- Multifunction Digital Instrumentation: The CB300F’s digital gauges with analog tachometer provide vital riding information in a styled, hi-tech instrumentation package featuring digital speedometer, fuel gauge, coolant temp, tripmeter/odometer and clock.
- Engine Type: 286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 76 mm x 63 mm
- Induction: PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Front Suspension: 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc with ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 220 mm disc with ABS
- Front Tire: 110/70-17
- Rear Tire: 140/70-17
- Rake: 25.30 deg.
- Trail: 98 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 354 lb. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 78 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: CB300FA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Chromosphere Red
- Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 63 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc with ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.30 deg.
- 98 mm (3.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.4 gal.
- 78 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 354 lb.
- Chromosphere Red